With Christmas just around the corner, the hustle and bustle of people buying last minute gifts. Last week, I finally finished my Christmas shopping and relieved to say I can now avoid The Trafford Centre until it has quietened down slightly. To reward myself, I had a little peruse in Topshop and came across a few cute mini treats; a set of three lip bullets at £12.50 and a nail trio set, also at £12.50. These will make the perfect stocking fillers for makeup addicts out there or for anyone wanting lip and nail colours to see them all through the seasons. (And how gorgeous is the gold packaging!)
All three colours are so on-trend right now, they come in the perfect size to fit into the tiniest of clutch bags. They are great to use now in time for Christmas Parties and each colour can cover any look you want to go for. You can shop for Topshop Lip Bullets here.
- TALE a nude that reminds me of my Honeylove MAC lipstick. It has a creamy texture and with a subtle sheen finish. Great with smokey eyes or for everyday makeup.
- SERIAL is a classic postbox red, it looks brighter when applied and I used my Cherrybomb lipliner (by an unknown brand as the label has rubbed off) to prevent the colour from ‘bleeding’. Although it states it is a matte finish, it has a similar texture to Tale. I like to wear it whilst keeping the rest of my makeup minimal so the focus is all on the lips.
- JYNX is a deep wine colour that is perfect for this season (my collection of dark lipsticks has grown dramatically over the last few months). Again, it appears a little lighter when applied so I wouldn’t say it’s true to it’s colour in the tube. Nevertheless, it is still a beautiful colour and is ideal for those who wish to try the bold lips look but don’t want to go too dark.
Nail Polish Trio
I just had to get these as I fell in love with the colours straightaway. The colours are streak-free when applied and I only need a couple of coats for that rich glossy look. You can shop the Topshop Nail Colours here.
- PETTICOAT is very similar to Tale lipstick, a very neutral shade that’s perfect for the everyday look including for work, school and college. I can’t wait to wear this in the summer as I adore neutral colours against tanned skin.
- SUPERNOVA is perfect for this festive season, I love the rose-gold glitter and I wish I had this sooner to wear for my Christmas Party. I have tried this over Petticoat to do an ombre effect, I must admit it does take longer with glittery nail polish as I find you need to build up the glitter with each coat (does anyone have any tips for this??). This would look pretty on plain nails or just on the nail tips for that french manicure twist.
- BLINKED is a gorgeous deep grey, I think I could get away with just once coat of it. I love wearing dark colours on short square nails for a classic, elegant look.